Taryn has had a wonderful time making forts with our couch cushions lately. And while it's a little annoying to not have a place so sit since all of the cushions are being used to make the fort, I also don't mind sitting on the floor by fire and watching him build his forts (and then quietly laughing when Bryson knocks them down:) Today's fort-making was a little bit different, though. He started with four cushions that he placed in a square. Then he took one away and all of a sudden exclaimed that he was making a "color and baby machine!"
"What is that, honey?" I asked him.
"It's a machine to change the baby's diapers and then they can take a nap in it. And it's a color machine, too."
"What does that do? Color the baby's diapers?"
"Yeah!! And over here on this side is wipes for wiping the baby."
"Awesome, buddy. Does is have a garbage disposal for the dirty diapers?"
"No, that costs too much money to build that," he replied with a big grin on his face.
"Oh, so what are you going to do with the dirty diapers?"
"I don't know yet."
"Oh, well that's okay, you can keep thinking about it. It sounds like a great idea, Taryn."
"Thanks! And I'm also going to get some pillows to put in here and then the baby can take a nap in it!"
As he ran upstairs to get the pillows, my heart smiled a little bit at his excitement about the new arrival. He's going to make a great big brother to this baby. He wasn't so keen when B joined the family, but this time around he's a little bit older and more aware, and it makes me excited to see his excitment and to hear him talk about the baby. He loves to kiss my belly and wants to feel the baby moving, and he reminds me every day, "Mom, your belly is getting bigger!" (Thanks, buddy.) He also wants the baby to come soon, but I make sure to tell him that it will be a little while (hopefully) before the baby comes. He's ready for him/her now, apparently;)
As he came down the stairs with his pillows, he matter-of-fact told me that he needed a baby brother to put in his "baby machine" because he needs two brothers. All I replied was, "Oh, okay." We'll have to wait for a few months to see about that part, I guess.
Kids and their wild imaginations.
No comments:
Post a Comment